old fan art- "Lara and Jor El" by @SamaxAmen


Did this drawing of Superman's parents a while ago. This is one of the 30 minute drawings I do from time to time.
I did this before watching the new Superman reboot, Man of Steel. Jor-El was good in that movie, but I still think Marlon Brando owned the character in the Christopher Reeves Superman films. Brando's Jor-El was every bit as iconic as supes himself. In retrospect, I'd say my Lara feels heavily informed by Frank Quitely. If I could rip him off altogether, I probably would. I think visuals of Krypton (and especially the Els) should evoke a utopian science heaven. In the increasingly atheist (or at least agnostic) age we live in, at least the origins of the comicbook science god Superman should still be revered, rather than deconstructed and made all poopy.

Anyways, I drew this with my Cintiq in photoshop CS3. Hope you like it.
Peace,
-Samax

Click the jar to leave a tip!

amount
Join the Samax Amen Fan Club for $5 a month! Get Stuff!

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner